Ruins of home destroyed by the Sunset Canyon fire, Los Angeles, 1927
- Ruins of home destroyed by the Sunset Canyon fire, Los Angeles, 1927
- Date Created
- [circa December 4, 1927]
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
View of the ruins of a home destroyed by the Sunset Canyon fires of early December, 1927, with only the hearth remaining. An upturned bathtub is in the right foreground and a metal headboard is in the right foreground. The fires destroyed approximately 100 bungalows and cabins in Sunset Canyon and caused additional damage elsewhere. Thousands fought the fire over several days.
Related to the article, "Fire Perils Home Area. Blaze Sweeping Verdugo Hills. Two Hundred Men Battle Flames Fanned by Brisk Wind. Three Houses Doomed and Hundred Threatened Near La Crescenta." Los Angeles Times, 4 Dec. 1927: 1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .