Press release describing image of Major General Fechet at the National Aeronautical Exposition, 1928
- Press release describing image of Major General Fechet at the National Aeronautical Exposition, 1928
- Date Created
- September 13, 1928
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Press release: Ch[eck Your] Credit*, "P & A Photos" 5011 (Los Angeles Bureau). Air Commander See Finish of Trans-Continental Race. Major General James E. Fechet, Chief of the Army Air Service arrived in Los Angles in time to see the finish of the Trans-Continental non stop flight, as the feature event of the National Aeronautical Exposition. Gen. Fechet said that an investigation would be made into the accident at Mines Field, in which Lt. J. J. Williams of the Army's "Three Musketeers" was fatally injured while stunting. Photo shows Major General James E. Fechet. (LA-FM 3) 9/13/28. [describes image ark no. 21198/zz002dd7g2]
Related to article, "Lindbergh Up to Old Tricks. "Slim" Leads Musketeers in Thrilling Stunts. Many Air Racers Arrive at Mines Field Goal. Close Finish Lends Drama to Class "b" Contest." Los Angeles Times, 13 Sept. 1928: A1.
- 1 photograph
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .