Major General James E. Fechet at the National Aeronautical Exposition, Los Angeles, 1928
- Major General James E. Fechet at the National Aeronautical Exposition, Los Angeles, 1928
- Date Created
- September 13, 1928
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Major General James E. Fechet stands at Mines Field to see the finish of the Trans-Continental Air Race during the National Aeronautical Exposition on September 13, 1928. Mines Field later became Los Angeles International Airport.
Related to the article, "Lindbergh Up to Old Tricks. 'Slim' Leads Musketeers in Thrilling Stunts. Many Air Racers Arrive at Mines Field Goal. Close Finish Lends Drama to Class 'b' Contest." Los Angeles Times, 13 Sep. 1928: A1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
- Generals--American--California--Los Angeles
United States. Army. Air Service
Fechet, James E. (James Edmond), 1877-
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .