Postmaster-General Farley, Mayor Shaw, Senator McAdoo and others at Breakfast Club meeting, the Ambassador, Los Angeles, 1934
- Postmaster-General Farley, Mayor Shaw, Senator McAdoo and others at Breakfast Club meeting, the Ambassador, Los Angeles, 1934
- Date Created
- July 19, 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
This photograph appears in the article, "Postmaster-General Farley Feted on Visit in City." Los Angeles Times, 20 Jul. 1934: 5.
A Los Angeles Breakfast Club meeting in honor of Postmaster-General James A. Farley held at the Ambassador Hotel on July 19, 1934. Mayor Shaw and Senator McAdoo sit to his right. The Breakfast Club postponed their usual meeting time to fit Farley's travel schedule and moved from their usual location at the East Village to the Ambassador to accommodate the size of this event.
Related to article, "Postmaster-General to Speak. Farley Thrice on Dial Today. Breakfast Club, Luncheon and Dinner Talks Listed. Second Address Comes From Warner Brothers' Studio. Third Message to Be Given at Biltmore Banquet." Los Angeles Times, 19 July 1934:16.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
McAdoo, W. G. (William Gibbs), 1863-1941
Los Angeles Breakfast Club
Farley, James A. (James Aloysius), 1888-1976
Shaw, Frank L., 1877-1958
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.