Polytechnic High School auditorium after the earthquake, Long Beach, 1933
- Polytechnic High School auditorium after the earthquake, Long Beach, 1933
- Date Created
- March 1933
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Exterior view of the auditorium and another building of Polytechnic High School after the Long Beach earthquake.
The Long Beach earthquake of 1933 took place on March 10, with a magnitude of 6.4, causing widespread damage to buildings throughout Southern California. The epicenter was offshore, southeast of Long Beach on the Newport-Inglewood Fault. An estimated fifty million dollars' worth of property damage resulted, and 120 lives were lost.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Earthquake damage--California--Long Beach
Long Beach Earthquake, Calif., 1933
- Long Beach (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .