Men investigate an area of the Mojave Desert in search of the remains of murder victims of Gordon Stewart Northcott, Rivrside County, 1928-1929
- Men investigate an area of the Mojave Desert in search of the remains of murder victims of Gordon Stewart Northcott, Rivrside County, 1928-1929
- Date Created
- [between 1928-1929]
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Men walk around in the Mojave Desert looking for bodily remains of the children murdered by Gordon Stewart Northcott on his chicken coop farm in Riverside, California.
Gordon Stewart Northcott was accused of kidnapping, molesting, torturing, and brutally murdering three young boys and aiding in the murder of another in 1928, which his mother admitted to. She received a life sentence in jail. Northcott was found guilty on all accounts and was executed by hanging on October 2, 1930 at the age of 23.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Crime scene searches--California--Riverside County
- Riverside County (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .