Dr. Joseph Widney celebrates his 90th birthday with a cello, Los Angeles, 1931
- Dr. Joseph Widney celebrates his 90th birthday with a cello, Los Angeles, 1931
- Date Created
- December 1931
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Dr. Widney is a man with a long white beard. He sits in a chair with his cello in his lap, holding a bow against the instrument. In the background there are other instruments and several bookcases visible.
Civil War army surgeon and one of the founders of U.S.C. entertained guests at his home to celebrate his 90th birthday.
Photograph appears with the article, "Dr. J.P. Widney at Milestone," Los Angeles Times, 27 Dec 1931: 14.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
- Widney, Joseph Pomeroy, 1841-1938
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .