San Gabriel Mission depicted on a float at La Fiesta de Los Angeles parade, Los Angeles, 1931
- San Gabriel Mission depicted on a float at La Fiesta de Los Angeles parade, Los Angeles, 1931
- Date Created
- [circa September 4, 1931]
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
This photograph is likely related to the article, "Throngs View Gala Pageant," Los Angeles Times, 5 Sep 1931: A1.
A replica of the San Gabriel Mission sits atop a platform featuring a mural painted along its sides. Four horses drive the float with four men in costume walking alongside them.
This photograph was likely taken on September 4, 1931, during the Parade of Four Flags. 200,000 spectators gathered to watch the Parade on opening day of la Fiesta de Los Angeles. The parade route was along Figueroa St, between Olympic Blvd and Washington Blvd.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parade floats--California--Los Angeles
Floats (Parades)--California--Los Angeles
Parades & processions--California--Los Angeles
- Fiesta de Los Angeles
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .