Captain Eddie Chitwood inspects his shattered windshield, Los Angeles, 1935
- Captain Eddie Chitwood inspects his shattered windshield, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- March 20, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Rock Echoes Dope Drive," Los Angeles Times, 21 Mar 1935: A1.
Captain Chitwood, head of the police narcotic squad, believes a group of marijuana peddlers are responsible for hurling a cobblestone at his car while he was driving at Main and Lamar streets. Captain Chitwood was injured by a few glass particles that flew into his eyes but avoided crashing into another vehicle and any other serious injury.
Captain Chitwood holds a rock in front of his windshield which displays a large spider-web crack.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .