Cheap family with thirteen children, Los Angeles, 1933
- Cheap family with thirteen children, Los Angeles, 1933
- Date Created
- [circa February 18, 1933]
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Thirteen Lucky Children!", Los Angeles Times, 19 Feb 1933: H4,5, and 20.
The older children sit in the last row with their parents with the younger ones standing, kneeling, and sitting on the floor in front of them.
Patriarch Albert Cheap is a coach yard foreman for the Santa Fe Railroad. The two oldest children are 24-year-old Virginia Ruth and 26-year-old Angela Cecilia, who don't live with their siblings. Mr. Cheap is used to getting bargains in fruits and vegetables to keep up with his children's voracious appetites. It's not only food that Mr. and Mrs. Cheap hunt for bargains for, but everything imaginable, from underwear to shoes to soap to dolls and dishes. They go into detail over other parts of day-to-day living their large family participates in, such as trips to the dentist's office, birthdays, and picnics.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Family members--American--California--Los Angeles
Cheap, Vincent Frances, 1923-1963
Cheap, Alice Pauline, 1920-1980
Cheap, Thomas Ignatius, 1916-1988
Cheap, Dorothy Patricia, b. 1928
Cheap, John Joseph, b. 1928
Cheap, Mary Joesphine, b. 1919 or 20
Cheap, Albert Charles, 1911-1975
Cheap, Catherine Mary, 1914-1991
Cheap, George Clement, 1924-1986
Cheap, Teresa Carmel, 1926-2007
Cheap, Paul Augustine, 1917-2003
Cheap, Albert Henry, 1880-1965
Cheap, Alice Veronica, 1887-1945
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .