Admiral coming aboard the U.S.S. Texas, Los Angeles Harbor, 1931
- Admiral coming aboard the U.S.S. Texas, Los Angeles Harbor, 1931
- Date Created
- September 15, 1931
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Admiral Frank H. Schofield became commander-in-chief of the United States Fleet, succeeding Admiral Jehu V. Chase on a ceremony aboard the U. S. S. Texas, just off the coast of Los Angeles Harbor.
A different photograph taken on the same occasion appears with the article, “Navy Guns Roar for Schofield,” Los Angeles Times, 16 Sept 1931: A1, 2.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
- Texas (Battleship)
- Los Angeles Harbor (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Naval parades & ceremonies--California--Los Angeles County
Military officers--American--California--Los Angeles
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .