Veora Daniel Casady obtains a portion of her money from a property dispute, Los Angeles, 1932
- Veora Daniel Casady obtains a portion of her money from a property dispute, Los Angeles, 1932
- Date Created
- November 10, 1932
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Similar photograph appears with the article, "Ex-Actress Profits By Bank Vigil," Los Angeles Times, 11 Sep 1932: A1, "Ex-Wife Defeats Casady, But Weeps at Victory," Los Angeles Times, 06 Oct 1932: A3, and "Court Fails To Help in Collection," Los Angeles Times, 10 Nov 1932: A1.
Veora poses in front of a white backdrop.
The former actress went to the bank where ex-husband Wayne A. Casady works and conducted a "sit in" to get him to pay her $3280.65 from an unsettled property dispute during their divorce in 1928. She was awarded almost all of the money she asked from Superior Judge Gould.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .