Roland C. Casad shows off his gourd carving, Los Angeles, 1925
- Roland C. Casad shows off his gourd carving, Los Angeles, 1925
- Date Created
- November 8, 1925
- Los Angeles Times
No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The gourd that Mr. Casad is holding has the following carved onto it in English: “When the people show as much enterprise in the solution of this depression as our President Franklin Delano Roosevelt does, this depression will soon be over. This is the people’s problem as much as his. Signed Roland C. Casad, Covina, California”.
Story related to photograph appears with the article, "Big Apples Produced at Oceanside," Los Angeles Times, 08 Nov 1925: J6.
Roland holds a large vegetable that looks like a squash which has carved on it "READ THE LOS ANGELES TIMES FOR NEWS AND ADVERTISING, READ "UNEMPLOYMENT AND ITS SOLUTION" BY ROLAND C CASAD FOR IDEAS!"
Mr. Casad is said to have discovered an apple tree growing on the property of H.E. Ellery that grows massive fruit weighing over two pounds and measuring eighteen inches around the waist. He considers himself to be a melon grower and experimenter.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
- Casad, Roland Cortez, 1876-1951
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .