Mugshot of James "Deep Sea Jimmy" Carter, Los Angeles, 1935
- Mugshot of James "Deep Sea Jimmy" Carter, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- March 22, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
72-year-old James Carter, otherwise known as "Deep Sea Jimmy" is being held on $10, 000 bond for defrauding Herman Bishop of $3500 in a stock deal. Police are searching for three other suspects.
A mug shot of Carter, with categories for describing his forehead and nose descriptions as well as other physical characteristics. Under the tag "Description taken" it says Reagan. April 8th, 1910.
Story related to photograph appears with the article, "Bunko Case Bond Fixed," Los Angeles Times, 23 Mar 1935: A5.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .