James Carter obscures his face with a hat, Los Angeles, 1935
- James Carter obscures his face with a hat, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- March 22, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
In a hallway teeming with other men watching him Carter tilts his hat to cover his face while a photographer standing several feet away takes his picture.
Story related to photograph appears with the article, "Bunko Case Bond Fixed," Los Angeles Times, 23 Mar 1935: A5.
72-year-old James Carter, otherwise known as "Deep Sea Jimmy" is being held on $10,000 bond for defrauding Herman Bishop of $3500 in a stock deal. Police are searching for three other suspects.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
- Carter, James, b. 1863 or 64
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Older people--California--Los Angeles
Law & legal affairs--California--Los Angeles
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .