John McEnee Bowman, James R. Martin and Lee A. Phillips, [Los Angeles ?], [1923 ?]
- John McEnee Bowman, James R. Martin and Lee A. Phillips, [Los Angeles ?], [1923 ?]
- Date Created
- September 1923
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
This photograph was probably taken at the time that the Los Angeles Biltmore Hotel was completed because James R. Martin and Lee A. Phillips, of the Central Investment Company, were involved in developing the funding for the project. The newspaper article announcing the completion of the Biltmore Hotel and describing the financing in considerable detail is "Biltmore Financing, Hotel Ready for Business Free and Clear of All Encumbrance Sixty Days Ahead of Time," Los Angeles Times, September 27, 1923.
John McEnee Bowman, founder of the Biltmore Hotel chain; James R. Martin, secretary treasurer for the Central Investment Company; and Lee A. Phillips, President of Central Investment Company, at a desk in an office.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local Identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .