W. H. Bowers and Olive Orr Brugen-Schmidt Bowers during poison plot trial, Los Angeles, 1926
- W. H. Bowers and Olive Orr Brugen-Schmidt Bowers during poison plot trial, Los Angeles, 1926
- Date Created
- March, 1926
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
The photograph appears with the article "Bride Denies Murder Plot; Says Plan to Poison Husband Was Only Joke; Man Confesses Part After Phone Talk Heard; Husband and Pastor Will be Questioned Today," Los Angeles Times, March 11, 1926
W. H. Bowers and Olive Orr Brugen-Schmidt Bowers, married three just months, seated together at a court proceeding. Olive Bowers was accused of plotting with Elmer M. Archer to poison her husband. The plot was discovered when their conversations were overheard on a 2-party telephone line.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .