Portrait of Claire Borin [rephotographed], Hollywood, copy print 1935
- Portrait of Claire Borin [rephotographed], Hollywood, copy print 1935
- Witzel, Albert Walter, 1879-1929
- Date Created
- [circa 1935]
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Profile portrait of Claire Burman Borin Buchman Morse
Albert Witzel was a society photographer in Los Angeles and Hollywood in the nineteen teens and twenties. He specialized in portraits of theatrical performers and, later, film stars. The original photograph of Claire Morse must date to before 1929, the year of Witzel's death.
A different portrait of Claire Borin appears with the caption: Claire Borin, seeking separate maintenance from her wealthy mate, who seeks divorce [with the article "Borin Wins In Love Row; Court Tells Chicagoan, Now Suing Asher, to Ignore Wife's Mexico Case," Los Angeles Times, August 24, 1935].
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.