Postmaster Henry B. R. Briggs and Peggy Milligan in a postal facility, Los Angeles, 1934-1936
- Postmaster Henry B. R. Briggs and Peggy Milligan in a postal facility, Los Angeles, 1934-1936
- Date Created
- [between February 1, 1934 to September 28, 1936]
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Henry B. R. Briggs, Postmaster of Los Angeles, and Peggy Milligan standing next to a bin holding mail at a postal facility.
Henry B. R. Briggs was the Postmaster of Los Angeles from February 1, 1934 to his death (from pneumonia) on September 28, 1936. Prior to that, he was the publisher and editor of the Los Angeles Record. J. F. Bourne, a long-term postal employee, is mentioned in Los Angeles Times coverage of post office news between 1910 and 1938.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Briggs, Henry B. R., 1881-1936
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .