Sixteen-year-old Robert N. Buck sets new flying record, Los Angeles, 1930
- Sixteen-year-old Robert N. Buck sets new flying record, Los Angeles, 1930
- Date Created
- October 1930
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
A grinning Buck stands beside his plane, leaning on one elbow into the carriage.
Similar photograph appears with the article, "Boy Flyer Sets New Time Mark," Los Angeles Times, 05 Oct 1930: A2.
On Monday 16-year-old Robert flew from Newark, New Jersey, and proceeded to make stops at Martins Ferry, Ohio, Columbus, Ohio, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Wichita, Albuquerque, and Kingman, before arriving in Los Angeles in 28 hours and 33 minutes.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .