Hand-colored [15th century ?] print of the Infant Saint John the Baptist adoring the Christ Child, photographed in Los Angeles, 1928
- Hand-colored [15th century ?] print of the Infant Saint John the Baptist adoring the Christ Child, photographed in Los Angeles, 1928
- Date Created
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Hand-colored print on parchment, 15th century (?), depicting an angel pointing to the Virgin Mary with the infant Saint John the Baptist adoring the infant Jesus, in an oval frame surrounded by scroll ornament and flowers. Below the oval frame a latin inscription reads, in part, "IE S V' BONE ADIVA N[ ]G". The print was owned by P. H. Kazanjian of 1158 West Vernon Avenue, Los Angeles, in 1928.
Related to the article “Angeleno Owns Ancient Bible, Book Reputed 1600 Years of Age.” Los Angeles Times, 18 June 1928: A1
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .