Fan dancer Joyce Baker surrounded by feathers, 1935
- Fan dancer Joyce Baker surrounded by feathers, 1935
- Date Created
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Close-up of Joyce Baker (aka Patricia Lee), smiling, face visible among about 15 large feathers
This photograph, cropped to show only Miss Baker’s face, appears with the article “Blushing Raider Shies at Fan Dance for Jury.” Los Angeles Times, 7 June 1935: A3. The article states: "Trying to emulate Joyce Baker’s fan dance before a mixed jury in Municipal Court … proved too much for Policeman Fred L. Coe. ‘Aw, I can’t do it,’ Coe exclaimed … Miss Baker and the impresarios of her show are on trial charged with presenting an indecent performance. … " The article also includes a photograph of Coe holding feathers.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .