Float with costumed riders and flags in the parade of the Old Spanish Days Fiesta, Santa Barbara, 1930
- Float with costumed riders and flags in the parade of the Old Spanish Days Fiesta, Santa Barbara, 1930
- Date Created
- August 7, 1930
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
View of a float, in the Old Spanish Days Fiesta parade in Santa Barbara, enclosed by a white picket fence, with a 2 story structure with a balcony, and a man raising California and United States flags on a flagpole with 2 other men next to him dressed as frontiersmen. The float is followed by 2 horsemen in Spanish dress. In the background is a tall building with a painted sign reading: "Granada Theatre."
This photograph was part of the coverage taken for the Los Angeles Times article "Santa Barbara Fiesta Revives Days of Spanish Rule in California," 8/8/1930.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Santa Barbara
Floats (Parades)--California--Santa Barbara
- Old Spanish Days Fiesta (Santa Barbara, Calif.)
- Santa Barbara (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .