"Mission Santa Barbara" float in the parade for the Old Spanish Days Fiesta, Santa Barbara, 1932
- "Mission Santa Barbara" float in the parade for the Old Spanish Days Fiesta, Santa Barbara, 1932
- Date Created
- August 18, 1932
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
View of a float representing the Santa Barbara Mission pulled by a team of 4 horses in the parade for the Old Spanish Days Fiesta in Santa Barbara. The horse driver and another man are seated next to the mission towers, men in Spanish dress, including one dressed as a soldier, are in the back of the float amidst greenery, and 4 monks walk alongside the float.
This photograph was part of the coverage taken for the Los Angeles Times article "Historic Pageant Opens Santa Barbara Fiesta," 8/19/1932.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Santa Barbara
Floats (Parades)--California--Santa Barbara
- Old Spanish Days Fiesta (Santa Barbara, Calif.)
- Santa Barbara (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .