California National Guard members inside Exposition Park Armory, Los Angeles
- California National Guard members inside Exposition Park Armory, Los Angeles
- Woollett, John W., b. 1876 or 7
- Date Created
- [between 1920-1939]
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The Exposition Park Armory was designed in 1912 by architect John W. Woollett. It opened in 1914. A later name is the Wallis Annenberg Building for Science Learning and Innovation at the California Science Center.
About 400 uniformed soldiers, standing in lines in the interior of the Exposition Park Armory, with about 80 civilians observing from mezzanine level, with color guard near center, 1 man in motion in center foreground
Possibly related to the article "'Los Angeles Own' – the 160th U.S. Infantry," Los Angeles Times, 25 July 1926. The article states: ... the five designations of the regiment from first to last: The Los Angeles Guard, the Eagle Corps, the Seventh Regiment, the Ninth Infantry, and the 160th Infantry, "Los Angeles Own." The crest is that prescribed for the National Guard organizations of California. ...
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.