Bouquet Canyon earth-fill dam under construction, 1933
- Bouquet Canyon earth-fill dam under construction, 1933
- Date Created
- September 1933
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Caption for a similar photograph taken on the same occasion: Bouquet Canyon Earth-Fill Dam Rapidly Taking on Permanent Form. Work Progressing. The city's dam in Bouquet Canyon to furnish storage for both water and power and to replace the ill-fated St. Francis Dam is rising steadily each day to the tune of rumbling trucks hauling earth from the pits to the dam site. The view here is from upstream looking at the concrete covered upstream face. The white streaks are streams of water poured on to aid the concrete to cure properly [Los Angeles Times, 6 Sept. 1933].
View towards the dam from downstream.
View of the downstream face of the earth-fill dam with the mountains beyond
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .