Officials at the inlet-outlet tower at the Bouquet Canyon Reservoir during the dedication ceremony, 1934
- Officials at the inlet-outlet tower at the Bouquet Canyon Reservoir during the dedication ceremony, 1934
- Date Created
- March 28, 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
- View of the officials and a truck next to the concrete inlet-outlet tower, 130 feet high, at the Bouquet Canyon Reservoir during the dedication ceremony when the water was first released to fill the reservoir. More than 50 persons attended the opening including Mayor Shaw; H. A. Van Norman, Chief Engineer and General Manager of the Bureau of Water Works; William Mulholland; Henry L. Jacques, E. F. Scattergood; President Hugh J. McGuire of the Board of Public Works; Lloyd Aldrich, City Engineer; Water Power Commissioner Arthur J. Mullen; T. A. Panter; William W. Hurlbut and Mrs Harriett Sunday of the Civil Service Commission; J. B. Lippincott, consulting engineer; and President William P. Whitsett of the Metropolitan Water District.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local Identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .