Firefighters at base of ladder around fallen firefighter Bert Hancock, Los Angeles, 1938
- Firefighters at base of ladder around fallen firefighter Bert Hancock, Los Angeles, 1938
- Herod, Jack, b. ca. 1916
- Date Created
- August 12, 1938
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Photograph of print
About 3 men, and possibly 1 woman, bent around fallen firefighter Bert Hancock, legs visible, on wet and dirty sidewalk, with 2 men nearby, another man in foreground holding fire hose, at base of ladder leaning on 2-story building marked 1243, Western Candy Box Co., with smoke coming from upstairs windows and roof
This photograph appears with the article , "Fireman at End of Fatal Factory Blaze Plunge." Los Angeles Times, 13 Aug. 1938. Print.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .