Robert S. James, suspect in Mary Emma James murder case, walking in hallway, Los Angles, 1935 or 1936
- Robert S. James, suspect in Mary Emma James murder case, walking in hallway, Los Angles, 1935 or 1936
- Date Created
- 1936 or 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Robert S. James, in suit and tie, carrying hat and coat, smiling, walking in hallway, with doors and drinking fountain in background
Robert S. James' real name was Major Raymond Lisenba. He was known as Robert S. James during his marriage to Mary Emma Busch James and at the time of her death in 1935, and, after her murder by rattlesnake bite and drowning, as "Rattlesnake James."
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .