Baseball pitcher Satchel Paige after a pitch, Los Angeles, circa 1933
- Baseball pitcher Satchel Paige after a pitch, Los Angeles, circa 1933
- Date Created
- [circa 1933]
- Los Angeles Times
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Baseball pitcher Satchel Paige after a pitch. The location may be Thomas Jefferson High School. A sign on the fence in the background reads: "New, Clean Grade-Marked Lumber, $1800 per 1000 ft., Owens-parks Lumber Co., 2100 E. 38th St., 5 blocks East" which is a Los Angeles address.
Leroy "Satchel" Paige, was a sucessful player in the Negro Leagues from 1926-1947 before he signed with the Cleveland Indians as the second African American player in the majors.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.