George Jessel speaking at the memorial service for will Rogers at Twentieth Century Fox Studio, Los Angeles, 1935
- George Jessel speaking at the memorial service for will Rogers at Twentieth Century Fox Studio, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- August 22, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
- Description accompanying negative: Scene of the memorial services for Will Rogers held at the departed star's own studio, 20th Century-Fox, at whose Movietone City plant in Westwood Hills 2,500 of the star's co-workers gathered in the open air to pay their final tribute. Stars, directors, executives and laborers joined in common grief as George Jessel, famed star of sage and screen, Jason Joy, studio executive, and the Reverend Josiah Hopkins eulogized the nation's idol [ark no. 21198/zz002d96wf].
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .