Funeral of Will Rogers at Forest Lawn, Glendale, 1935
- Funeral of Will Rogers at Forest Lawn, Glendale, 1935
- Date Created
- August 22, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
A similar photograph appears in the Los Angeles Times, 8/23/1935, with the caption: "World Pays Solemn Homage to Will Rogers in Final Rites at Forest Lawn; Thousands, in silent reverence, filed past the bier where Will Rogers lay beneath a flag of flowers to pay him final honor."
Funeral of Will Rogers at Forest Lawn withan honor guard of 4 enlisted men from the Seventeenth Attack Group, of General Headquarters, First Wing, March Field, attending the casket (there were 8 in the honor guard, 4 visible here). The guard was changed every half hour. The casket is draped with a floral American flag, with a column of mourners passing behind a rope barrier.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .