Officers march in the Preparedness Parade, Los Angeles, 1934
- Officers march in the Preparedness Parade, Los Angeles, 1934
- Date Created
- February 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Rows upon rows of uniformed men march past spectators flanking either side of the road.
Contingents of marines and sailors, shown below, from the Battle Fleet presented a striking feature of Preparedness Parade yesterday as with gleaming rifles they marched down Spring street past City Hall. Soldiers, sailors, marines, National Guardsmen, reserve officers and veterans' organizations including the American Legion took part in the demonstration of preparedness.
Similar photograph appears with the article, "They're Always Prepared, These Navy Lads," Los Angeles Times, 11 Feb 1934: 17.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .