Lafayette at Valley Forge float at the Pageant of Liberty, Los Angeles, 1926
- Lafayette at Valley Forge float at the Pageant of Liberty, Los Angeles, 1926
- Date Created
- July 5, 1926
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Lafayette at Valley Forge float at the Pageant of Liberty. Three men stand atop the float wearing Colonial garb. There is a small house and a canon on the float. A man stands next to it, and other men and cars are visible in the background.
Related to Los Angeles Times article, "Thousands Hail Liberty Drama: Pageant Stirs Emotions of Vast Coliseum Crowd: Historical Scenes Enacted at Patriotic Event: New Citizens Introduced as Feature of Spectacle," Los Angeles Times, 6 Jul. 1926: A1.
This photograph appears with photo page, "Pageant of Liberty Stirs Throng of 50,000 at the Coliseum," Los Angeles Times, 6 Jul. 1926: A12.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Floats (Parades)--California--Los Angeles
Historical pageants--California--Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.