Three women stand beside the Colton display at the National Orange Show, San Bernardino, 1935
- Three women stand beside the Colton display at the National Orange Show, San Bernardino, 1935
- Date Created
- [circa February 1935]
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Three women stand beside the Colton display at the National Orange Show. The display is lined with oranges and topped with a dome. There are paintings at the center, the visible one bearing the caption, "Industry and Freight." A sign on the display reads, "Colton has abundant supply of the purest water in this district and is a very healthy place to live," and another reads, "Colton is the heart of the Orange Empire." Other displays are visible in the background, including one featuring a car. A man and a woman are standing in the background.
Related to Los Angeles Times article, "Orange Fete Doors Open Amid Cheers: Thousands Jam Show Building: Merriam Welcomes Visitors; Silver Theme of Exhibits at San Bernardino," 22 Feb. 1935: 1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.