Professional walker Dan O'Leary passes at 91, Los Angeles, 1933
- Professional walker Dan O'Leary passes at 91, Los Angeles, 1933
- Date Created
- May 30, 1933
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
A month shy of his 92nd birthday, Irishman and professional walker Dan O'Leary died of a heart attack. Mr. O'Leary's greatest accomplishments were walking a mile at the beginning of each hour for 1000 consecutive hours at age 66 and walking to every State capital in the country starting at age 80 over a period of ten years.
Photograph appears with the article, "Dan O'Leary's Journeys End," Los Angeles Times, 30 May 1933: A12.
Mr. O'Leary stands in front of a brick wall, his eyes sallow as he stares directly into the camera.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .