Gray Everett McNeer, charged with murder, with his mother Lola McNeer, Los Angeles, 1934
- Gray Everett McNeer, charged with murder, with his mother Lola McNeer, Los Angeles, 1934
- Date Created
- October 24, 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Wife Death Quiz Opens," Los Angeles Times, 25 Oct 1934: A2.
Mr. McNeer is accused of shooting his wife and then turning the gun on himself, but maintains that the reverse happened and his wife's death was her own attempted murder-suicide. The bullet is still lodged in his brain.
Gray Everett lies back in a wheelchair with a visor covering his eyes. His mother sits beside him with her hand on his chest, and his hand on top of her own.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Wounds & injuries--California--Los Angeles
Judicial proceedings--California--Los Angeles
McNeer, Lola, 1869-1936
McNeer, Gray Everett, 1902 or 03-1964
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .