Paavo Nurmi racing against the Sherman School at the Coliseum, Los Angeles, 1925
- Paavo Nurmi racing against the Sherman School at the Coliseum, Los Angeles, 1925
- Watson, George R., 1892-1977
- Date Created
- April 25, 1925
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
This photograph appears with the article, “Nurmi Thrills 45,000 Track Fans,” Los Angeles Times, 26 Apr 1925: A1.
Nurmi, running on the far right, begins his race against eight runners from the Sherman School’s track team, named the Indians. Some of the 45,000 spectators can be seen in the stands in the background.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.