R. V. "Doc" Howard and Gwen Seager bid farewell to Loren Mendell and Pete Reinhart before their takeoff, Los Angeles, 1929-1930
- R. V. "Doc" Howard and Gwen Seager bid farewell to Loren Mendell and Pete Reinhart before their takeoff, Los Angeles, 1929-1930
- Date Created
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
With the shouts of encouragement of 10,000 people Mendell and Reinhart took to the air in their Albatross monoplane, Pride of Hollywood, in a long-planned attempt to restore to Los Angeles the world's record for sustained flight.
Photograph appears with the article, "Plane Goes Up Seeking Record," Los Angeles Times, 22 Sep 1930: A1.
Miss Seager smiles at Mendell and Reinhart as she offers them a bouquet of flowers. A group of men can be seen behind them examining the Pride of Hollywood.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Air pilots--American--California--Los Angeles
Mendell, Loren W., b. 1898 or 99-1935
Howard, R. V.
Seager, Gwen, 1913-2000
Reinhart, R. B., (Pete Reinhart)
Pride of Hollywood
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.