Women march in a Memorial Day parade at the Coliseum, Los Angeles, 1934
- Women march in a Memorial Day parade at the Coliseum, Los Angeles, 1934
- Date Created
- May 30, 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Women in white march in a Memorial Day procession at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. They may belong to the Gold Star Mothers, American War Mothers, or one of several women’s auxiliaries centered on military service.
A different photograph taken on the same occasion appears with the article, “Thousands Join in City’s Tribute to Wars’ Dead,” Los Angeles Times, 31 May 1934: A1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .