Matilde Moisant, pilot, La Crescenta, 1935
- Matilde Moisant, pilot, La Crescenta, 1935
- Date Created
- March 23, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Matilde wears a cap, goggles, gloves, and a jumpsuit.
Moisant won the trophy in 1911 for obtaining record altitude for a woman of the time. It will be loaned to the institution for a temporary time. Now she spends her days in the garden of her valley home and visiting the family ranch in San Salvador.
Photograph appears with the article, "Woman's Air Trophy Sent Smithsonian Institution," Los Angeles Times, 24 Mar 1935: 29.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .