James A. Moffett and Henry S. MacKay, Jr. at the Biltmore, Los Angeles, 1935
- James A. Moffett and Henry S. MacKay, Jr. at the Biltmore, Los Angeles, 1935
- Date Created
- January 31, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Names are incorrect on negative sleeve; should be James A. Moffett and Henry S. MacKay, Jr.
This photograph appears in "Boom Plans Described: Moffett Visions Building Rush," Los Angeles Times 01 Feb 1935: A1.
A thousand Southern California business and industrial leaders met at the Biltmore to discuss how to spend $100 million on a Los Angeles building campaign, including Henry S. MacKay, local Better Housing program chairman, and James A. Moffet, Federal Housing Administrator.
Three men wearing double breasted suits stand behind a podium. James A. Moffett (left) stands with his hands behind his back. Henry S. MacKay, Jr. is in the center. An unidentified mustached man is on the right. All three men are unsmiling. Behind them is a poster with a US flag on either side of it. A blurred man is behind Moffett.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Real estate development--California--Los Angeles
Business people--American--California--Los Angeles
Moffett, James A., 1886-1953
Biltmore Hotel (Los Angeles, Calif.)
MacKay, Henry S., Jr. (Henrry Squarebriggs), 1891-1954
United States. Federal Housing Administration
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .