Aimee Semple McPherson is hoisted into the air upon her arrival, Los Angeles, 1926
- Aimee Semple McPherson is hoisted into the air upon her arrival, Los Angeles, 1926
- Date Created
- [circa June 26, 1926]
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
A similar, close-up photograph appears in a small photo spread with the caption, "Aimee Semple McPherson Returns! Upper shows huge throng greeting evangelist at Colton. Arrow points to Mrs. McPherson, who made short talk. Upper center shows Mrs. McPherson as she waved to crowd at Central Station. It was estimated that 30,000 persons greeted her there. Upper right pictures the evangelist kneeling in prayer at Angelus Temple following her arrival. Below--Close-up of Mrs. McPherson as she stepped from train here," Los Angeles Times, 27 Jun. 1926: 2
Possibly related to the article, "CHEERING THRONGS HAIL AIMEE M'PHERSON HERE: Crowd of 30,000 Showers Pastor With Flowers as She Returns; Appreciation Expressed," Los Angeles Times, 27 Jun. 1926: 1
Aimee Semple McPherson sits in a floral-lined chair at center, elevated off the ground. To either side of her, two men hold her up in the chair. A police officer stands to the right of the man holding right side of the chair. Along the right edge and in the foreground, a man stands in partial view and faces back towards Mrs. McPherson. Two more men stand in the foreground along the left edge.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .