Charles F. Mayes is accused of manslaughter, Los Angeles County, 1932
- Charles F. Mayes is accused of manslaughter, Los Angeles County, 1932
- Date Created
- December 1932
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Charges of manslaughter have been filed against Charles F. Mayes in the death of Jessie H. Eddy, whom Mayes struck at a crosswalk at Glendale Boulevard and Park Avenue. Mayes fled the scene but was tracked down by his license plate number.
Photograph appears with the article, "Death Case Driver Held To Answer," Los Angeles Times, 30 Dec 1932: A1.
An unsmiling Mayes wears a dark suit and round glasses.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .