Judge Charles Fricke watches as Joseph Ryan and George Stahlman confer with Nellie May Madison on the stand, Los Angeles County, 1934
- Judge Charles Fricke watches as Joseph Ryan and George Stahlman confer with Nellie May Madison on the stand, Los Angeles County, 1934
- Date Created
- June 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
Mrs. Madison denies shooting husband Eric Madison and speculates that the man who was buried at his funeral was not him, and also denies that the corpse shown to her in photographs of her husband are not of his body.
Photograph appears with the article, "Mrs. Madison on Stand Denies Killing Husband," Los Angeles Times, 15 June 1934: A1.
Judge Fricke looks on as Ryan and Stahlman show a stack of papers to Mrs. Madison.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Judges--California--Los Angeles County
Lawyers--California--Los Angeles County
Judicial proceedings--California--Los Angeles
Homicides--California--Los Angeles County
Fricke, Charles W., 1882-1958
Madison, Nellie May, 1895-1953
Ryan, Joseph, 1901-1969
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .