Panorama (right half) of a police inspection at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, 1927
- Panorama (right half) of a police inspection at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, 1927
- Date Created
- [May 2, 1927]
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
This photograph is related to the event described in the article, “Public Police Inspection Set for This Year,” Los Angeles Times, 27 Apr. 1927: A11
For left half of panorama, see Item Ark: 21198/zz002cw98s
The track and field of Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum are viewed from the stands. The curve of the track passes across the bottom edge. A few spectators sit in the stands lining the track in the lower right corner. Dozens of police vehicles line the inside curb of the track and face out towards camera. They follow the turn of the track from right, extending out-of-frame at left. Farther back, the field stretches back through the stadium. Along the near edge of the field, four men stand with flags. Behind them, police officers stand in formation on the field. One of the track's straight-a ways lines the right edge of the field. Stands line the perimeter of the stadium as they stretch across the background.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Los Angeles (Calif.). Police Department
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .