Police vehicles line the interior curve of the track at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum during an inspection, Los Angeles, 1927
- Police vehicles line the interior curve of the track at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum during an inspection, Los Angeles, 1927
- Date Created
- [May 2, 1927]
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
This photograph is related to the event described in the article, “Public Police Inspection Set for This Year,” Los Angeles Times, 27 Apr. 1927: A11
The camera looks down from the stands of the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum towards the track and field. Spectators sit in stands that stretch along the bottom edge. Ahead of them, the track and playing field stretch across the center of the image. About three dozen police vehicles face outward towards the stands as they line the interior curve of a track, off-center to the right. The field enters frame at left. A few figures towards the near end of the field stand with flags. Farther to the left, a large group of people file onto the field. The Coliseum's stands stretch across the background.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Los Angeles (Calif.). Police Department
Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Exposition Park (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: email@example.com. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .