Spectators fill the stands of the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum during an annual police inspection, Los Angeles, 1927
- Spectators fill the stands of the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum during an annual police inspection, Los Angeles, 1927
- Date Created
- [May 2, 1927]
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
This photograph is related to the event described in the article, “Public Police Inspection Set for This Year,” Los Angeles Times, 27 Apr. 1927: A11
Spectators sit in the seats lining the interior perimeter of Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. The stands and spectators are below the sight line of the camera. The stands enter frame along the bottom edge, curving to the right and then back to the left. Dozens of spectators sit and mill about the stands at center. At far left, the stadium's grounds jut into view. Cars can be seen lining the inside arc of the track. The arched entrance to the stadium enters frame in the near distance at right and curves towards the left. The entrance and additional seats at left line the background.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Exposition Park (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Los Angeles (Calif.). Police Department
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .