People and their vehicles gather on a road near the brush fire site in Griffith Park, Los Angeles, 1929
- People and their vehicles gather on a road near the brush fire site in Griffith Park, Los Angeles, 1929
- Date Created
- [December 20, 1929]
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
A similar photograph taken on the same occasion appears with the article, "GRIFFITH PARK FIRE HAVOC CHECKED IN HARD BATTLE: One Killed and Many Hurt Before Weary Army Subdues Blaze; Loss Total Runs High," Los Angeles Times, 21 Dec. 1929: A1
A cloud of smoke from a fire in Griffith Park spans the image, thickening at center at right. Foliage along the bottom edge in the foreground slopes down a hillside and meets a road in the distance at center. The road is viewed from above and enters frame from the lower right corner, stretching upwards towards center. At the end of the road, dozens of cars are parked. People stand amongst the vehicles, scattered into small groups. To the left, dozens of people are visible fleeing down a hillside. Behind them, flames rise. Hills surround and rise from the road at the base of the canyon. They are mostly obscured by the cloud of smoke.
This photograph is similar to another one of the 1929 fire in Griffith Park captioned, “Griffith Park Fire Taken at its Height Yesterday from Western Avenue Entrance to Park. (Times photo.),” Los Angeles Times, 21 Dec. 1929: A10
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .