Plumes of smoke from the Griffith Park fire, Los Angeles, 1933
- Plumes of smoke from the Griffith Park fire, Los Angeles, 1933
- Date Created
- October 1933
- Los Angeles Times
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographic Collection
View of smoke rising from the fires from just beyond the mountains that are covered in trees.
Dozens are dead and many more are injured from a fire in Griffith Park canyon that firefighters suspect was caused by the spark from a discarded cigarette when the winds shifted.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights contact
- UCLA Library Special Collections, A1713 Charles E. Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310) 825-4988
- Rights Holder
- The Regents of the University of California
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .